Two suspects arrested after 6-year-old girl raped, murdered in Karachi’s Bin Qasim Town – Pakistan

An hours-long protest on Karachi’s National Highway against the brutal rape and murder of a six-year-old girl, whose body was found in Bin Qasim Town on Wednesday, was called off the same day after a senior police official assured the protesters of further arrests.

Two suspects are in police custody so far.

The minor had gone missing three days ago while stepping outside her home in Bin Qasim Town’s Data Nagar neighbourhood and her body was recovered from the drain of the Steel Town area on Wednesday, Bin Qasim Station House Officer (SHO) Fahadul Hasan told

He further said her relatives had lodged a first information report (FIR) on Feb 28 and two suspects — neighbours of the victim — have been taken into custody for interrogation.

Later in the day, Malir Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Hassan Sardar confirmed the arrests in a media talk. He said that the suspect, identified as Intizar Hussain, was a painter by profession and originally hailed from Layyah.

“He lived in the same neighbourhood as the victim,” the police official said.

He revealed that another suspect Allah Raka helped Hussain throw the girl’s body into the drain.

“Hussain kidnapped the girl by luring her with toys and then raped her. He strangled her to death and later threw the body in the drain,” Sardar said, adding that the police were trying to obtain the suspect’s past criminal record.

Meanwhile, the victim’s father demanded that the culprits should be brought to justice and awarded strict punishment.

Pakistan Penal Code on the complaint of the victim’s father.

According to the contents of the FIR, the complainant said he is a taxi driver by profession who lives in Bin Qasim Town’s Data Nagar for the last eight-nine years along with his family.

He said he had left his home in his taxi at around 7am on Feb 27 when his wife informed him on the phone that their daughter had left to purchase snacks from a nearby shop at around 8am.

However, upon her not returning home after a considerable time, his wife inquired from the local residents and the shopkeeper as well but could not find her and informed him, the complainant said.

The FIR further said when the complainant reached home and talked to the shopkeeper, he was told the girl had bought snacks and left. The father said in the FIR that he suspected that someone had kidnapped his daughter for some unknown reason.

Leave a Comment